Common Aswsp.sys Error Messages
The majority of aswsp.sys errors that you encounter will be "blue screen of death" errors (also know as a "BSOD" or "STOP error") that occur in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10:
- "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Aswsp.sys."
- ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: aswsp.sys."
- "STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – aswsp.sys"
- "STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – aswsp.sys"
- "STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – aswsp.sys"
In most cases, you will experience aswsp.sys blue screen errors after you’ve installed new hardware or software. These aswsp.sys blue screens can appear during program installation, while a aswsp.sys-related software program (eg. avast! Antivirus System) is running, while a Avast! Software A.S. driver is being loaded, or during Windows startup or shutdown. Keeping track of when and where your STOP error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Aswsp.sys Errors
Aswsp.sys blue screen errors can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. These could be related to either avast! Antivirus System software or Avast! Software A.S. hardware, but it is not necessarily the case.
More specifically, these aswsp.sys errors can be caused by:
- Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted avast! Antivirus System device drivers. (very common)
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent aswsp.sys-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the aswsp.sys file or related avast! Antivirus System program files.
- Hardware conflict after installing new Avast! Software A.S. hardware, or hardware related to aswsp.sys.
- Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to avast! Antivirus System.
- aswsp.sys blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
- aswsp.sys STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.